In the book, The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman, the author identifies 5 ways that you can show that you love someone.
- Words of Affirmation – Telling them how much you appreciate them.
- Acts of service – Doing something for someone.
- Physical touch – A tender touch. Massage, etc.
- Quality time – Carving out focused time to spend with one-on-one.
- Giving gifts – The gifts can be small. It’s the act of giving that matters.
Each person has a different priority for which of the 5 languages is most important. If you give a gift to someone whose love language is words of affirmation, they may feel unappreciated and that you don’t truly love them. I find that when I list out the 5 languages, I seem to forget the one that is the least important to me.
Continue reading Ideas for Attracting Millennial Members That You’ll Love →